The mission of the Melba School District is to become a premier Idaho school district by producing educated, responsible citizens who are capable of taking an active, enriching role in society.
In order to accomplish this mission, the Board of Trustees is committed to the following ten goals:
- Increase good citizenship (honesty, respect for authority, responsibility, work ethic, self-discipline, etc.) within our student population by empowering administrators, teachers, and staff to maintain discipline
- Provide a safe and secure school environment
- Staff and parents will strive to assist students achieve Idaho’s highest test scores and other academic measures of achievement
- Improve the quality of district personnel
- Encourage and support parental involvement
- Improve and expand school district facilities
- Increase the emphasis on enrichment programs with a broadened exposure to the arts and vocational studies
- Integrate technology into all curriculum
- Maintain appropriate teacher/student ratios at all levels
- Provide educational resources including library, technology center, career center, etc as befits a premier school district
In summary, the Melba School District believes that the development of attitudes and ideals is a responsibility equivalent to the acquisition of knowledge and skills. Striving for excellence in attitude and aptitude is a way of life. Melba Schools will enhance, teach and promote this discipline with the support of every student’s parent(s).